Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
Fees are applicable to the Fall and Spring semesters and are subject to change each academic year at the discretion of the Board of Trustees. Please Note: All tuition costs and fees are in Moroccan Dirhams (MAD)
Admitted students must pay a one-time fee to be paid the first semester only:
In addition to tuition and common fees, other fees apply:
Admitted students who would like to live on campus, please visit the Living Expenses page to have an idea of the expected accommodation costs.
Tuition is calculated on the basis of credits taken. The cost per credit is as follows:
- Undergraduate (normal load 16 - 17 credits)
- Moroccan tuition: 2100 dhs per credit
International applicants qualify for Moroccan tuition if:
- One of the parents is Moroccan, or Both parents are non-Moroccan but have resided and have been paying income tax (IGR) in Morocco for more than five years.
- Students taking courses at the Language Center pay a flat tuition fee of 35 280 dhs per semester.
Health Insurance is mandatory for full-time students and all students living in University housing. Details concerning the contractual insurance company and the coverage offered are available at the Student Health Center.
Student health insurance premium amounts to 1320 dhs for a full year of coverage, beginning January. Students joining the University for the first time in the fall pay 660 dhs for the period leading up to the start of the calendar year. This amount is subject to change. Insurance company representatives are available on campus during the registration period.
Students graduating in the spring semester are charged the annual insurance amount of 1320 dhs which entitles them to a 12-month coverage. They are not allowed a semestrial insurance refund since they benefit from the whole year's insurance declaration.
REGISTRATION FEES: 5100 dhs
All registered students must pay the registration fees whatever their status is. Students who defend their thesis, capstone or internship before the end of a semester are allowed the reimbursement of their registration fees on a prorated basis.
ROOM AND RESTAURANT FOOD FEES
Room rates for students living in residence halls are given below. First-year undergraduate students are required to live in the residence halls unless exempted. The room fees are due each semester. Studios are available on a very limited basis under special conditions. (Regular, but limited, room cleaning service included)
The University provides dining facilities including a cafeteria, grill, pizzeria, café, and snack counter.
All tuition and fees are due and payable before the beginning of each term. Special arrangements for payments in two installments may be made upon request. A late payment fee is charged on payments received after the due date.
Confirmation and Pre-registration fees
All new students pay a sum of 3000 dhs as a deposit to cover any possible damage they cause during their stay at AUI. This amount is refundable once they graduate or withdraw from the university.
Candidates offered admission are required to respond to offers of admission immediately upon notification by paying a deposit of 10 000 MAD with a non-refundable confirmation amount of 5000 MAD and attend a mandatory pre-registration program.
The new student confirmation deposit is non-refundable unless the University denies the student’s enrollment after receiving insufficient TOEFL results.
Reimbursement after registration:
Tuition: A student who officially withdraws from the University in accordance with official procedures is eligible for a refund of tuition fees following this schedule:
- Prior to the first class day - for new students- Deduction of non-refundable 10 000 Dhs.
- During the first five class days - 80%
- During the second five class days - 70%
- During the third five class days - 50%
- During the fourth five class days - 25%
- After the fourth five class days - None
Room and Restaurant Food
Refunds will be made in proportion to the time remaining in a term.
Fees and Books
No refund is made for these charges unless, in the case of books, it can be demonstrated that the University incurred no expense.
The pre-registration consists of the following:
- Deposit the original of High School Diploma or equivalent (Undergraduate level)
- Pay the complementary amount of 15000 MAD . the total paid amount of 25000 dhs is non-refundable at this stage.
Method of payment
Application / TOEFL/ Confirmation / Pre-registration fees
Inside and outside Morocco:
Online payment instructions
- Log in to the portal at http://my.aui.ma using the user name (5-digit numbers) and password sent to you.
- Select the “Admissions” tab and click on “Application and/or Toefl fees online payment” under “Documents I need to send an online payment”;
- Read the payment conditions and payment security and click on the “Accept” button;
- Select the payment type in the drop-down list (“Application and Toefl”, “Application only”, “Toefl only”), the amount to be paid will be shown, and click on “confirm(er)” button;
- Enter your card information at the level of the order form “Bon de paiement”, select the checkbox near “confirmer l’acceptation des conditions générales d’utilisation du service” and click on “Valider le paiement”;
- Print the payment receipt (you will receive a notification email with the payment details).