General Admission Conditions
Visiting or non-degree status requires that the candidate enrolls for no more than six credits during the summer session or a minimum of nine credits but no more than 15 for either the fall or spring semesters.
Graduate visiting students are limited to no more than 12 credits during the fall or spring semester.
Applicants are strongly advised to seek preapproval from the home institution for the courses in which they intend to enroll as a visiting student.
Visiting admission is based on the following:
- Candidates for visiting applications must be in good standing with their home institution.
- Completion of a successful online interview, where applicable.
- Admission to the university with a non-degree-seeking status does not guarantee automatic access to regular status upon application.
- Former Al Akhawayn students do not automatically qualify for visiting or non-degree status.
- Converting from non-degree seeking or visiting status to regular status requires that the candidate meets the academic requirements for entry into the program. Undergraduate visiting students wishing to enroll in graduate-level courses must obtain permission from the relevant course instructor and the dean of the school.
How to apply?
- Complete and submit an online Application: Apply Now
- Upload the required documents via the online application step 2 (Candidate File Creation):
- Certified copy of high school diploma (High school diplomas based on distance education, GED, and similar tests are not accepted towards admission)
- Official transcripts of all university-level coursework completed and/or attempted
- Registrar’s Authorization
- One typed essay to be written by the applicant him or herself that explains the reasons for seeking visiting status to AUI
- One Copy of the identity card, “CNI” (passport for international)
- One (1) passport-size recent color photograph
- Official score report of TOEFL (iBT)/IELTS. (Non-native speakers of English need to provide a TOEFL
- Application fee of 800 DH and TOEFL fee of 600 DH (if the candidate wishes to take the TOEFL in AUI).